19 June, 2015

Cannabis Oil And Bone Marrow Cancer



Cannabidiol Can Kill Multiple Myeloma Cells
News, Studies December 3, 2013 by TheJointBlog


Multiple myeloma is a type of cancer that begins in the bone marrow, and has a median survival rate of around 3 years. According to a study published in the most recent issue of the International Journal of Cancer, cannabidiol, a compound found in cannabis, can slow, and even kill multiple myeloma cancer cells.

Cannabidiol, one of many compounds found in cannabis.
“Multiple myeloma (MM) is a plasma cell (PC) malignancy characterised by the accumulation of a monoclonal PC population in the bone marrow (BM). Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid with antitumoural activities”, begins the study’s abstract.
After studying the effects of cannabidiol on multiple myeloma cells, researchers found that; “CBD by itself or in synergy with BORT strongly inhibited growth, arrested cell cycle progression and induced MM cells death by regulating the ERK, AKT and NF-κB pathways with major effects in TRPV2+ cells.” They conclude that; “These data provide a rationale for using CBD to increase the activity of proteasome inhibitors in MM.”
The study, which validates a recent National Institute of Health study which also found that cannabidiol can inhibit cancer cells, was conducted by researchers at the School of Pharmacy at the University of Camerino in Italy.

This article is found at http://thejointblog.com/cannabidiol-can-kill-multiple-myeloma-cells/
– TheJointBlog
Tags: cannabidiol, CBD, international journal of cancer, Multiple Myeloma, university of camerino

7 commentsSkip to comment form ↓

Martin fenton
January 30, 2015 at 4:10 pm (UTC -7)
Reply
Would like to no more about it , and how I can buy it , i had stemm cell 6 years ago , but I am back on trearmrnt


Gordana
November 10, 2014 at 4:13 pm (UTC -7)
Reply
My mother has MM. She used to take Alceran first year, and now she has been taking Thalidomid for a year. MM is partly in remission. I am afraid – how those medecines affect other parts of the body. I am thinkkng aboht this oil. I don’t know – should she take Thalidomide with the oil. Or just oil.


Jen
July 15, 2014 at 10:44 am (UTC -7)
Reply
My father has MM, going on 6 yrs and 3 mo. This study really sounds great. After researching… I would like to know where I can buy in the USA? Any idea?


Sam
November 3, 2014 at 4:45 pm (UTC -7)
Reply
Jen, I had a stem cell transplant and have been in remission for almost 3 years. Except for the damage done to my ribs, I can do almost anything that I want. My back was really damaged too, but oddly enough, its the ribs that give me problems. I am also now using Frankincense and taking Pau di Arco. Someone just hooked me up with this website. So I plan on doing this too, but I wanted to send encouragement to your father.


Anonymous
March 3, 2014 at 6:57 pm (UTC -7)
Reply
Elisabeth


Zachary
December 3, 2013 at 11:23 am (UTC -7)
Reply
Still no link to sources, eh?


TheJointBlog
December 4, 2013 at 12:25 am (UTC -7)
Reply
Hi Zachary, as with most of our articles, the source is hyper-linked within the article. Here’s a direct link to the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24293211

No comments: